Tuesday, March 12, 2013

THE ARTISTIC PROCESS

There is truth in the statement that the more you look the more you see.  Today was about taking the play from yesterday and trying it out on images we are interested in.  Karen is going for landscape and texture and I am going for faces and deconstruction.  I took images of Antonio and Penelope and explored how few shapes and colours can make a representation.  Each iteration prompted more ideas and I begin to see how the artistic process works.  Have an idea, play, explore, trial and error, discover, along comes a new idea, play, explore, trial and error and so on for a lifetime.







  Julia and Karen in to the fine art of varnish, glue and paper.



Karen dipped in varnish.



After a coffee at Bar Glorieta on the square and a walk around the Campo collecting grit and sand for Karen's priming we returned for the afternoon session.  I have prepared three canvases with one primed in black gloss, one in paper/glue/coffee granules and one in turquoise.  Tomorrow I plan (at the moment!) to do the same image on the three different backgrounds to see what effect we get.  Penelope is my subject and I had a go at a dry run with pastels on paper this afternoon.





Karen and Julia have lots of fun stippling.





No comments:

Post a Comment