Friday, March 8, 2013

An Artistic Adventure

I have lived most of my life dominated by my left brain.  I can plan, organise, manage, implement and review.  I can analyse, consider, argue and present a well structured opinion of what is going on.  But I am not artistic, can't draw or paint or create music.  I have a right brain but it has been a slave to the scientific and commercial world of my life.  So it is time for an adventure at ArtHouse in Benidoleig to explore what happens if I paint and create for a week.  Who knows where it will go and the most important thing is not to plan too much.  Maybe I can/can't paint and can/can't create.  Who cares....this is an adventure.
Julia has asked what excites me as I think about this week that starts on Monday.  What has surfaced is an idea called España.  The more I explore and learn about Spain the more diversity and beauty I see.  It is a country of contradictions, energy, dramatic landscapes and full of personality.  As I prepare I noticed tension as my drive to perform comes to the fore.  I notice this and breathe and relax.  Whatever happens this week the intention is to notice and be interested and not to judge.
I am taking some initial ideas in.  Faces interest me so I have taken some images of Antonio Banderas, Penelope Cruz and Salvador Dali.  I am interested in deconstructing different parts of their faces and seeing what comes out for me.  I would like to explore what would happen if I do this with the Spanish colours of yellow and red.  But that is probably enough to start me off and see where I go.
I start Monday at 10.30 and finish Friday at 17.30 and will capture what happens as this adventure unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment